LOC/H/H7. Land Use
Found in 59 Collections and/or Records:
Leland Land Company was a real estate company associated with the Lewis Investment Co. The records include minute books, a journal, a ledger, and real estate books.
Lewis Investment Company of Portland, Oregon was a real estate firm incorporated in 1909 by John C. Lewis, L. A. Lewis, and Robert W. Lewis. Collection contains corporate records including Board of Director's, stockholder’s, and Executive Committee minutes, cash books, journals, ledgers, balances and reports, and correspondence.
Daniel H. Lownsdale (1803-1862) was one of the founders of Portland, Oregon. The collection consists of a single letter from Lownsdale to the "Honorable A. E. Wait" of Eugene related to a charge of claim jumping.
John McClure was an Oregon pioneer and holder of a land claim that became Astoria, Oregon. The collection consists of a land sale agreement between McClure and business partners Herman C. Leonard and John Green.
Job McNamee and D.H. Lownsdale were residents of the Oregon Territory that both claimed the same land. Collection contains two depositions consisting of three pages, each concerning land claims.
John H. Mitchell (1835-1905) represented Oregon in the U.S. Senate, as a Republican, and he was also indicted in a land fraud scandal. The collection contains a letter dated January 18, 1905 from Mary Phelps Montgomery of Washington, D.C, to Walter F. Burrell of Portland, Oregon regarding Mitchell's indictment.
Robert Moore (1781-1857) was a politician and pioneer in the Oregon Territory. The collection consists of Robert Moore's promissory note to the United States Government in the amount of one thousand dollars for the right to land that would become Linn City, Oregon.
Robert Moore (1781-1857) was a politician and pioneer in the Oregon Territory. The collection consists of a single document certifying Moore's claim to land on the Willamette River.
William Holman Odell wrote a letter dated April 28, 1871 to Captain Applegate, of Oregon about Oregon land purchases and surveys regarding Sprague's River land and the Klamath reservation.
The Oregon and California Advisory Board (O&C) dealt with the administration of revested land in Oregon. The collection contains correspondence, reports, research files, and minutes.
Oregon Homestead Company was real estate firm that formed with the purpose of encouraging settlement in Oregon, and to profitably subdivide large tracts of land. The collection (1891) contains maps, broadsides, and a share of stock.
As of 1977, the Pacific Coast Association of Pulp and Paper Manufacturers was a group of eighteen companies that owned forty-nine mills in Oregon, California, and Washington. The collection contains reports, arbitration records, member data summaries, labor agreement interpretations, correspondence, and a minute book.
Francis W. Pettygrove (1812-1887) was a pioneer and one of the founders of the cities of Portland, Oregon. The collection consists of a bond written by Pettygrove and his business partner Benjamin Stark to Rob McNamee.
The Pioneer Realty Company was founded in 1896 and based in Portland, Oregon. The collection contains corporate records including minute books, stock books, journals, and ledgers.
The Portland Realty Company, incorporated in 1905, specialized in corporate leasing in the Portland area. The collection consists of a journal, two cash books, meeting minutes, and a stock subscription book that contains receipts and many original stock certificates.
John B. Preston was the first surveyor general of the Oregon Territory. The collection consists of a single letter from Preston to Daniel Lownsdale of Portland.
Dwight Fay Rettie worked for and managed a variety of Federal government agencies from 1955 to 1986. The Papers contain documents pertaining to Rettie's work for various government agencies including the Department of Health and Human Services, National Park Service, and Bureau of Land Management. The materials include policy papers, subject files, meeting minutes, speeches, and correspondence. Also included are personal correspondence, writings, and publication materials.
The Silver Creek Recreational Area Advisory Committee promoted and planned the use of land east of Silver Creek Falls State Park, in Marion County, Oregon, as a public "organized camping" and recreational area. The collection (1936-1942) contains correspondence, reports, and minutes from the files of committee member, Karl Onthank.
Simon Realty Company, of Portland, Oregon, was incorporated by George L. Buland, Andrew Koerner, and Herbert L. Swett. The collection (1927-1941) contains articles of incorporation, meeting minutes, and by-laws.
Fabritus R. Smith (1819-1898) came to Oregon in 1846 with Joseph Waldo, where he lived and worked his land claim near Salem. The collection consists of the diaries of Smith and his son, Hamlin, as well as personal and legal papers.
Joseph Nathan Teal (1858-1929) was an Oregon rancher, lawyer, investor, and civic leader who was an advocate of waterways development, and served as U.S. Shipping Commissioner from 1920-1921. The collection (1900-1926) contains correspondence regarding railroad administration and rate making, the single-tax movement, copies of letters by President Woodrow Wilson, and also information and photographs of Celio Canal construction.
Cachot Therkelsen (March 30, 1894-May 12, 1964) was a realtor in Portland, Oregon and founded the Therkelsen Investment Company. The collection includes drawings that he collected of architects' original plans and specifications of projects.
Robert Thompson was an Irish immigrant and pioneer who established a claim in the Oregon Territory. The collection consists of a letter from Robert Thompson to the brothers William and Thomas Stephens at "Caddlepootle R., St. Helens".
Established in 1812, the General Land Office (GLO) sought to meet the needs of settlers during the western expansion of the United States. The collection consists of a photostat copy of a notice to settlers put out by the General Land Office in 1853.
Collection comprises two albums containing 118 black and white photographs of the construction of the Westover Terrace development in Northwest Portland, Or. from 1910-1912. The photographs show the sluicing operation as well as the construction of roads and houses in the development. Several series of photographs are take from the same spot each month, showing the development of certain areas.
Elijah White (1806–1879) was a missionary and agent for the United States government in the Oregon Territory. The collection consists of a bond issued by White for the sale of two lots to John Shively.
The Willamette Greenway Advisory Committee (WGAC) is a group of professionals, each with specialties in different fields, who together make up recommendations and give advice to the Lane County Board of Commissioners. The collection contains WGAC plan drafts, agendas and minutes, membership lists, printed matter, a proposal for the WGAC, correspondence and notes of William Loy, news clippings, and newsletters.
William H. Willson (1805-1856) was a doctor and preacher in the Oregon Territory and is remembered as the "founder of Salem." The collection consists of a single, 1 paged warranty deed of various pieces of land in the Oregon Territory written by William H. Willson to A. Kitelinger in the presence of H. Holden and C. N. Terry.