LOC/H. Social Sciences
Found in 697 Collections and/or Records:
Northwest Public Power Association (NWPPA) is a not for profit trade association comprising public/people's utility districts, electric cooperatives, municipalities and crown corporations in the Western U.S. and Canada. The collection (1953-1959) contains working files of legislative initiatives regarding Oregon power development.
Jane Novick, nee Graham, (1924-1914) served as the secretary for the Eugene Future Power Committee. She was involved in the American Civil Liberties Unions, the League of Women Voters, and the Lane County Democratic Party. She was an activist opponent against EWEB's usage of nuclear power, and she was a key individual in stopping the construction of a $234 million nuclear power plant near Big Creek between Florence and Yachats in 1970.
Obsidians, Inc. is a local, Eugene, Oregon club that serves to educate people about the outdoors, particularly hiking opportunities in the West. The collection contains meeting minutes, summit registers, and trip reports. These records are bound into volumes, except those that, due to preservation concerns, are now housed in archival boxes.
This collection documents the Occupy movement in Eugene. Materials within the collection include notes, speeches, campaign plans and reports, correspondence, photographs, DVDs, posters, fliers, clippings, newsletters, and documentation relating to other Occupy movements throughout the United States.
Hugh O'Connor (1894-1967) was a civil engineer, veteran, writer, and editor. Collection includes correspondence, manuscripts, National Association of Manufacturers, tearsheets, newspaper clippings, biographical material and memorabilia.
Collection is comprised of dividend pay roll ledger number 19 for the Odd Fellows Hall Association in Portland, Oregon.
The Independent Organization of Odd Fellows is a fraternal organization that traces its roots back to 17th century England. The collection contains a contract, dated June 7, 1869, between the Odd Fellows organization and William Braden for carpenter and joiner work on an Odd Fellows building in Portland, Oregon.
William Holman Odell wrote a letter dated April 28, 1871 to Captain Applegate, of Oregon about Oregon land purchases and surveys regarding Sprague's River land and the Klamath reservation.
Lenore Glen Offord was a mystery and true crime writer, and a mystery book critic for the San Francisco Chronicle for thirty years. The collection includes correspondence with the Chronicle, and also research and unpublished manuscripts on the Cordelia Botkin murder case of 1898.
The Olympia Light and Power Company, a waterwheel-generated hydro-electric power plant that was organized in 1890, brought the first electricity to Olympia and Tumwater, Washington. The collection contains correspondence, reports, financial records, and legal papers.
The Oregon AFL-CIO is a federation of labor unions in the state of Oregon. It is a state-level federation which coordinates work among affiliated unions. The collection contains correspondence, council minutes, and labor law and right-to-work files, and records and correspondence of other related groups and agencies.
The Oregon and California Advisory Board (O&C) dealt with the administration of revested land in Oregon. The collection contains correspondence, reports, research files, and minutes.
The collection contains a petition dated August 31, 1881, addressed to the Board of Equalization for Washington County, Oregon, from the Oregon and California Railroad company. The petition requests the Board review the tax assessment by Washington county on the portion of tracks lying inside county lines.
The Oregon Camera Club was located in Portland, Oregon. The collection (1899) contains a resolution regarding the retirement of Hugo B. and William P. Goldsmith from the club on June 7th, 1899.
The Oregon Commonwealth Federation was a progressive political group that campaigned to support New Deal policies and politicians in Oregon, between 1936 - 1942. Monroe Sweetland was elected executive secretary/director of the group at its first convention in 1937, and served until 1942. The collection (1936-1942) contains articles of incorporation, by-laws, meeting minutes, press releases, financial records, and correspondence.
The Oregon Folk League promoted and administered a social and recreation center located in Siuslaw Bay, Oregon for members of the University of Oregon community; members of the league also formed a non-profit corporation, the Siuslaw Bay Community Inc., which held title to the land used by the league. The collection (1934-1941) contains promotion and administrative documents, a land deed, correspondence, meeting minutes, plans and blueprints of the center, and a photograph.
The Oregon Freelance Club was an organization of amateur and professional writers from the state of Oregon. The collection (1952-1965) contains correspondence, reports, membership lists, and financial records.
The Oregon Governor's State Committee on Children and Youth began in 1959, and were concerned with the safety, care, education, employment opportunities for Oregon children and youth. The collection (1960-1963) contains committee minutes, rule and procedural documents, conference and workshop reports, Youth Employment Kit pamphlets, and other reports and printed material.
Oregon Homestead Company was real estate firm that formed with the purpose of encouraging settlement in Oregon, and to profitably subdivide large tracts of land. The collection (1891) contains maps, broadsides, and a share of stock.
The Oregon State Industrial Accident Commission was established to oversee worker's compensation distributions from the state's industrial accident fund. The collection consists of the business and administrative records of the Commission from 1935-1960.
In 1864, the Oregon Iron Company built the first charcoal iron smelter on the Pacific Coast on the edge of Oswego, Oregon, now known as Lake Oswego. The collection (1866-1870) contains correspondence, bills, payrolls, and reports, and other business records.
The Oregon Interim Committee on Social Problems was a committee of the Oregon House of Representatives which investigated social issues such as sex offenses and divorce. The collection (1961-1962) contains records from the files of Oregon representative William J. Gallagher, and consist of working papers, minutes of the full committee, and the subcommittees on social problems, divorce, and sex offenders, and also includes reports, statistics, and correspondence.
Oregon. Legislative Assembly. Interim Committee to Make a Study of the Needs of the Workman's Compensation Laws records
The Oregon. Legislative Assembly. Interim Committee to Make a Study of the Needs of the Workman's Compensation Laws records. The collection (1939-1941) consists of the committee chairman's files and material includes correspondence, minutes, and drafts of reports.
The collection contains the records of the Oregon Legislative Assembly Interim Committee on Technical Unemployment. The collection (1963-1965) contains committee minutes, progress report, preliminary report, and related papers.
Joint Resolution 24, by the Oregon Senate, created an interim Committee of Judicial Administration that was empowered to inquire into and make recommendations regarding the feasibility and need for reorganization of judicial districts in Oregon. The collection (1957-1959) contains questionnaires and evaluations of judges and courts, drafts of bills, subcommittee reports, and recommendations.
This collection contains information about Oregon Quicksilver Incorporated and Mines Service Incorporated, both located in Oregon. The collection contains superintendent's reports, timecards, stocks, invoices, correspondence, photographs, and legal documents. Also contained in this collection is information about the Prosperity Mine and the Bonanza Bar in the form of placer claims, drawings of locations, legal documents and notes.
Originally named the Oregon Council for the Protection of Roadside Beauty, the Oregon Roadside Council campaigned for legislation that would protect Oregon roadsides from billboard blight and tourist litter. The collection (1922-1968) contains council minutes, correspondence, campaign records, and publications.
The Oregon Rural Electric Cooperative Association (ORECA) was formed in 1942. The collection contains articles of association, membership information, committee minutes and reports, financial records, correspondence and memoranda, contracts, and publications, 1952-1958; the Association destroyed its earlier records.
This collection contains 53 correspondence relating to the establishment of the Oregon Southern Improvement Co., 1883.