Skip to main content

LOC/H. Social Sciences

 Record Group Term
Identifier: LOC/H

Found in 6 Collections and/or Records:

Finis Caruthers deed

 Collection — Folder 1: [Barcode: i49075160]
Identifier: CA 1854 Nov 13
Abstract

Finis Caruthers was a Portland, Oregon Territory, land owner. The collection consists of a photostat copy of a deed transferring ownership of a Portland lot from Caruthers to Clinton Kelly.

Dates: 1854 November 13

Lewis C. Cooper deed

 Collection — Folder 1: [Barcode: i49998882]
Identifier: CA 1858 Mar 10
Abstract

Lewis C. Cooper was an early resident of Portland. The collection consists of a deed transferring ownership of Cooper's Portland, Oregon Territory property to Thomas F. Scott.

Dates: 1858 March 10 - 1858 June 8

Francis De Witt deed

 Collection — Folder 1: [Barcode: i49071245]
Identifier: CA 1852 Aug 18
Abstract

Francis DeWitt was a pioneer who came to the Oregon Territory from Germany in 1847 on a sailing vessel. The collection consists of a deed, drawn up by DeWitt, transferring ownership of two lots in the city of Portland to Philander Buchanan.

Dates: 1852 August 18

Davis Ingalls mortgage deed

 Collection — Folder 1: [Barcode: i49301494]
Identifier: CA 1857 May 1
Abstract

David Ingalls was an early resident of Astoria, Oregon Territory. The collection consists of a deed ceding Ingalls claim to his Astoria property to F. A. Smith.

Dates: 1857 May 1

John McClure land sale agreement

 Collection — Folder 1: [Barcode: i49075391]
Identifier: CA 1853 Oct 27
Abstract

John McClure was an Oregon pioneer and holder of a land claim that became Astoria, Oregon. The collection consists of a land sale agreement between McClure and business partners Herman C. Leonard and John Green.

Dates: 1853 October 27-1854 May 1

Elijah White bond

 Collection — Folder 1: [Barcode: i49151630]
Identifier: CA 1846 Aug 13
Abstract

Elijah White (1806–1879) was a missionary and agent for the United States government in the Oregon Territory. The collection consists of a bond issued by White for the sale of two lots to John Shively.

Dates: 1846 August 13