LOC/H. Social Sciences
Found in 493 Collections and/or Records:
Josephine County is located in western Oregon; the collection contains the record book of the County Assessor from 1861. The record book contains property and tax assessments for Josephine County.
The Junction City Realty Company was a real estate firm associated with Lewis Investment Company. The collection contains corporate records including stockholder's meeting minutes and a stock book.
The collection consists of 111 black and white photographic prints of road and railroad construction projects that the J.W. Sweeney Construction Company undertook throughout Oregon from 1904 to 1926.
Gretchen Kafoury co-founded the Oregon chapter of the National Organization of Women in 1970 and the Oregon Women's Political Caucus in 1971. She served as an Oregon State Representative (1977-1982), as a Multnomah County Commissioner (1985-1990) and on the Portland City Council (1991-1998).
This collection is comprised of a variety of materials collected by Kafoury throughout the 1970s and early 1980s that are related to various women's groups and causes.
John Kelly (b. 1818) was a 19th-century Oregon rancher, businessman, and politician. The Kelly-Seavey Family Papers comprise the political and business papers of John Kelly, papers of other Kelly family members, and a small segment of Seavey family papers, as well as several boxes of photographs.
Ernest LaMarr King (1875-1954) was a superintendent for the Southern Pacific Railroad who also wrote articles and stories about the railroad. The collection consists of typed and hand written manuscripts of some of King's stories and articles.
Benjamin Hamilton Kizer (1878 - ) was an attorney and a member and official of planning boards/commissions including the American Society of Planning Officials, Northwest Regional Council, and the National Resources Planning Board. The collection (1934-1959) contains reports, documents, and correspondence of boards and commissions to which Kizer belonged and a transcript of the 1949 State Department Round Table discussion on American policy towards China.
The Bonus Expeditionary Force was a group of World War I veterans that marched on Washington, D.C, in 1932, to demand early payment of bonuses promised them. George Kleinholz was regimental commander of the Oregon group of the Bonus Expeditionary Force. The collection (1932) contains mementos, clippings, and photographs of the march and encampments.
Kola Neis Company had the following officers: Kola Neis, Harry Schlosser, and O. O. McClellan. Records Include articles of incorporation and minutes of directors for Kola Neis Hop Company.
Dr. Cheris Kramarae (1938-) is a leading academic authority on the connections between language, gender, technology, and education who has taught at the University of Oregon and other institutions around the world. The papers include material related to teaching, research, conferences, and publications.
The Krome Corporation organized in 1941, acquired mineral property, and constructed a plant for the concentration of chromite ore in southwestern Oregon. The collection contains files from corporation attorney William E. Walsh and files include information on land acquisition, sales, and correspondence with members of congress, 1941-1956.
Collection consists of one account book, specifications for steamships, drawings of steamships, and photographs of the company's shipyard in Coos Bay. The specifications include the hulls of seven steamers, along with a few other specifications for other.
The Ku Klux Klan, Tillamook Chapter No. 8 was active from 1921 through 1938; its activities were mostly anti-Catholic and anti-Semitic. The collection contains correspondence, minutes, reports, membership lists and paraphernalia, financial records, an account ledger, and costume insignia. Included are some records pertaining to the Klan’s Empire Mutual Life Insurance Company, a national organization.
Kaspar Kubli (1830) established Kubli General Store in 1872 and operated it until his death in 1897. The collection includes six volumes of account books dating 1858-1888.
The L. E. Blain Clothing company of Albany, Oregon, operated from 1892 until 1976. The collection (1882-1910) contains bound financial ledgers, account journals, and cash books.
The collection contains handwritten minutes from a Lane County Business Council meeting on December 12, 1876. The meeting was concerned with the wheat market, grange cooperatives, and Oregon's representation at the Centennial Exposition in Philadelphia.
The Lane County Farmer's Union Cooperative mill was built in 1923, primarily to process grain. The collection contains meeting minutes, reports, audits, ledgers, and pamphlets.
Joseph Lane (1801-1881) was an active Oregonian politician serving as Governor and Oregon's first Senator. The Joseph Lane papers include diaries, correspondence, legal documents, newspaper clippings, a draft of Nina Lane Faubion’s biography of Lane, and photographs.
The collection contains the state, national, and local records for chapters of the League of Women Voters of Oregon. The records include individual files for many projects at the national, state, and local levels. The collection also includes publicity materials and newspaper clippings regarding the local activities of the league.
Leland Land Company was a real estate company associated with the Lewis Investment Co. The records include minute books, a journal, a ledger, and real estate books.
One letter written by A. Walton to her nephew, Sept. 7, 1893, and two letters to a Miss Walton from Mrs. D.E. Bay and Mrs. Jas. Dick, Dec. 1902.
Lewis Investment Company of Portland, Oregon was a real estate firm incorporated in 1909 by John C. Lewis, L. A. Lewis, and Robert W. Lewis. Collection contains corporate records including Board of Director's, stockholder’s, and Executive Committee minutes, cash books, journals, ledgers, balances and reports, and correspondence.
Ben Linder (1959-1987) was an American mechanical engineer who worked in San Jose de Bocay, Nicaragua from 1983 until his death by the Contras on April 28, 1987. The collection includes correspondence, diaries, articles on political and engineering subjects, photographs, and the Linder family’s records, all of which reflect Linder’s humanitarian work, his political activism, and the impact his death had on American foreign policy debates and within the general public sphere.
The Linn County Fire Patrol Association was located in Sweet Home, Oregon. The collection contains Director's meeting minutes (1911-1936), and annual reports (1913-1963).
Alfred L. Lomax (1892-1982) was a Professor of Business Administration (Pacific Northwest industrial history) at the University of Oregon. The collection consists of research correspondence, manuscripts, research materials, published articles and photographs.
Daniel H. Lownsdale (1803-1862) was one of the founders of Portland, Oregon. The collection consists of a single letter from Lownsdale to the "Honorable A. E. Wait" of Eugene related to a charge of claim jumping.
The Loyal Legion of Loggers and Lumbermen (Four L) was a "company union" created by Brice P. Disque, in 1917. The collection (1918-1937) contains corporate records including constitutions and by-laws, minutes, convention proceedings, correspondence, and publications.
MacGregor was manager of the Buenos Aires office of Balfour, Williamson in 1905. The correspondence in this letterpress book concerns commercial affairs, particularly trade in Pacific Northwest lumber.