LOC/H. Social Sciences
Found in 493 Collections and/or Records:
Collection comprises seven photographs of the construction of the downtown mall in Eugene, Oregon from 1969 to 1970.
The Eugene Print Collection assembles images of the city of Eugene and its vicinity. The majority of the images date from the 1880s-1920s.
The current Eugene Shakespeare Club, an organization of women devoted to the study of Shakespeare's works, was founded in 1909 and continues in existence as of the date of this writing (1993). The collection contains correspondence, constitutions, histories and recollections, and minutes that include annual reports, clippings, programs, and membership information.
The Eugene Women's Crisis Center, established in the 1970s, provided assistance and support to victims of sexual assault. The Eugene Women's Crisis Center records consist of minutes, administrative documents, records of training and events, grant records, and subject files.
Everding and Farrell Co. was a wholesale produce and commission firm, that was later associated with logging and the salmon packing industry. The collection (1888-1900) contains indentures and other legal papers, incoming correspondence, financial records and land surveys, and a listing of Washougal lands, costs, and expenses.
Josiah Failing (1806-1877) was a businessman who became the fourth mayor of Portland in April of 1853. The collection consists of a petition to the Board of County Commissioners that they intervene on behalf of John Davis, a "destitute blind man".
Hymen Fairchild (1832-1907) was an pioneer and early resident of Jackson County, Oregon Territory. The collection consists of land sale agreement between Fairchild and brothers Thomas and Robert Beale.
Farmers' Security Bank of Milton, Oregon was incorporated in 1911 by W. E. James, W. W. Wasser, N. T. Manela, F. M. Kent, H. A. Williams, and Robert McEwen. The collection (1911-1940) includes minutes of stockholders and directors meetings, general ledger, depositors ledger, deposit book, and daily statement book.
Nina L. Faubion (1884-1945) was a writer, artist, and amateur mycologist, and also worked as secretary to her father, Senator (and also Mayor) Harry Lane of Oregon. The collection (1887-1938) contains Faubion correspondence and an unpublished manuscript, as well as Harry Lane correspondence and a scrapbook.
William H. Fear and his wife Lucia (Drum) Fear moved from Burlington, Kansas to Portland, Oregon in 1889. The collection contains correspondence, Fear and Drum family papers, medical case books, and files of Nora B. Green.
Charles Feller (1889-1966) became an Oregon fish merchant and wholesaler in Marshfield and Coos Bay, Oregon and established the Charles Feller Company which traded world-wide in canned, smoked, and frozen fish. The collection contains company records including ledgers, journals, and account books, fish catch books, commercial and personal correspondence, Charleston, Oregon harbor improvement files, and scrapbooks.
The Feminist and Lesbian Periodical Collection contains 482 lesbian and feminist periodical titles including 36 Oregon titles and 31 international titles. Approximately 80 percent of the entire collection contains titles published during the 1970s. This collection does not duplicate circulating holdings in the UO Libraries for feminist and lesbian topics.
Letter from some members of the First Congregational Church to Rev. J.S. Griffin requesting letters of reference in order to join a new church being formed in Tualatin, Or., 1855.
Fay Legrow and his father owned the First National Bank of Athena, which later became the U.S. National Bank of Portland, Athena branch. The collection contains financial records consisting of reconcilement records, bonds, notes and securities, circulation and redemption accounts, and daily balances.
The First National Bank of Oregon (Portland) was chartered in 1865 by Portland merchants and citizens; it was the only national bank in Oregon at that time, and the first on the West Coast. The collection contains a written history of the early years of the bank.
In 1882, Charles N. Crittenton began establishing homes for women in crisis that he named after his daughter, Florence, who died at age four; this work has continued with the National Crittenton Foundation, headquartered in Portland, Oregon. The collection (1903-1906) contains the minutes of the board of managers of the Portland, Oregon Florence Crittenton Refuge home.
The collection consists of one album of 41 images signed by John Fletcher Ford (c.1862-1914), a commercial photographer in Portland, showing logging, landscape along Columbia River; city of Portland. One image of military crew on rotating gun emplacement.
Forest Grove Door and Lumber Co was the sucessor to J.L. Smith and Son and manufactured lumber, sash, moulding, and furniture. The Forest Grove Door and Lumber Co. collection contains a minute book of the board of directors and loose correspondence.
The Fortnightly Club of Eugene was organized in December 1893 by Dr. Alice Hall Chapman as a study club dedicated to continuing education, and later evolved into advocating for library facilities and services in Eugene. The collection contains meeting minutes, scrapbooks and photographs, program books, financial records, and documents relating to club events, projects, and members' work.
Collection consists of reminiscences of Frazar's childhood in Massachusetts, early life at sea, a trading voyage to California and Oregon (via Panama), 1850-1851, and experiences as a trader in the southern Oregon mines, 1852-1853.
Amos Fries (1873-1963) was an engineer, served in the Philippines during the Moro uprising, organized the Chemical Warfare Service, and was an advocate for conservative causes. The collection consists of biographical material, correspondence, manuscripts by Fries, others, and Elizabeth Fries, and photographs.
The collection consists of a typed manuscript by Mabel V. Funk of Campe Verde, Arizona regarding the homestead she and her husband won by government drawing (date unknown).
The G. Heitkemper Company was a wholesale and retail jeweler in Portland, Oregon, incorporated by Gerhard Heitkemper, Frank A. Heitkemper, and Edward Cookingham in 1896. The records include thirteen ledgers that contain pre-corporation records as well as post-corporation minutes, correspondence, financial records and other communications from 1874-1924.
W. Gale was an Oregon pioneer. The collection consists of a single letter written by Gale in which he discusses his "Oregon claim".
Jesse Jewell Gard (1902-1967) was educated in banking at Rutgers University, worked for various banks in Oregon and was an active member of the Republican Party, serving on the Republican National Committee for many years. The collection contains political files, business and professional records, civic files, personal correspondence, and memorabilia.
The Gardiner Mill Company Store in Gardiner, Oregon sold manufactured goods and foodstuffs on the Oregon coast. The collection consists of business records, including correspondence and account records.
John Gates (1827-1888) was a construction engineer for the Oregon Steam Navigation Co. and the Oregon Railway and Navigation Co. From 1885 to 1888, he served as mayor of Portland, Oregon. The collection consists of correspondence, financial records, legal documents, diaries, scrapbook pages, steamboat plans and inventions, and photographs.