LOC/H. Social Sciences
Found in 16 Collections and/or Records:
Alpha Delta Sigma (ADS), a national honor society sponsored by AAF, recognizes and encourages scholastic achievement in advertising studies. The collection includes chapter handbooks and scrapbooks, convention materials, photographs, financial records, correspondence, and membership information, 1942-1957.
Bullfrog Information Service was a magazine published in Eugene, Oregon, from June, 1971 till February, 1972, that focused on news and articles for and about the Northwest alternative community. The collection contains correspondence, advertising and distribution records, eight published issues and one unpublished, original illustrations and advertising art, financial records, and unpublished articles and poetry.
William F. Dielschneider and his brother Franz owned and ran the Dielschneider Jewelry store of McMinnville, Oregon, which also sold and repaired watches and clocks. The collection contains a cash book, watch sales and repair ledgers, a clock repair ledger, diamond record books, manufacturers' and jobbers' catalogues, and photographs.
Eugene Fruit Growers Association was a vegetable, fruit, and nut growing, picking, packing, and canning cooperative, founded in 1908. The collection (1908-1971) contains administrative records which include correspondence and reports, financial records, architectural plans, photographs, reports, and printing plates.
Eugene Fruit Growers Association was a vegetable, fruit, and nut growing, picking, packing, and canning cooperative, founded in 1908. The collection (1911-1947) contains financial records, excerpts from managers reports, an annual report, a photograph album, and printed brochures.
The Fortnightly Club of Eugene was organized in December 1893 by Dr. Alice Hall Chapman as a study club dedicated to continuing education, and later evolved into advocating for library facilities and services in Eugene. The collection contains meeting minutes, scrapbooks and photographs, program books, financial records, and documents relating to club events, projects, and members' work.
Binger Hermann (1843-1926) was a Roseburg attorney and politician who represented Oregon in the U.S. House of Representatives for sixteen years, and served as commissioner of the General Land Office (GLO) under presidents William McKinley and Theodore Roosevelt. The collection (1888-1920) contains Hermann's personal and professional papers.
Hoedads Cooperative Inc. was a member-owned reforestation cooperative based out of Eugene, Oregon. The collection contains the working papers, audio and visual records of the cooperative, member and co-op correspondence, original newsletters, minutes and photographs.
The International Longshoremen's Association (ILA), AFL-CIO, organized in 1892, is a union of maritime workers in North America, and the Pacific Coast District was formed after a coast-wide dockworkers’ strike in 1934. The collection (1934-1945) contains records from the Pacific Coast District including material regarding the strike of 1934.
John Kelly (b. 1818) was a 19th-century Oregon rancher, businessman, and politician. The Kelly-Seavey Family Papers comprise the political and business papers of John Kelly, papers of other Kelly family members, and a small segment of Seavey family papers, as well as several boxes of photographs.
Charles T. McDaniel was, for many years, a cashier of the Stockgrowers & Farmers National Bank of Wallowa, Oregon. The collection contains bank correspondence, personal and family correspondence, a travel diary, memorial letters, and a photograph album.
Phil Metschan, Sr. (1840-1920) was born in Hesse-Cassel, Germany and travelled to the United States and settled in Canyon City, Oregon where he ran a store, became Oregon state treasurer, and established a hotel in Portland, Oregon. The collection contains correspondence, diaries, financial and legal records, pioneer family files, photographs and memorabilia.
The Oregon State Industrial Accident Commission was established to oversee worker's compensation distributions from the state's industrial accident fund. The collection consists of the business and administrative records of the Commission from 1935-1960.
WomanShare is a woman’s land and feminist retreat in Grants Pass, Oregon, established in 1974. Records document the management, membership, daily activities and workshops of the WomanShare community and include correspondence, reference files, financial and meeting records, journals, audio, video and visual material.