Skip to main content

LOC/H. Social Sciences

 Record Group Term
Identifier: LOC/H

Found in 5 Collections and/or Records:

Alpha Delta Sigma. W.F.G. Thacher Chapter records

 Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: UA 099
Abstract

Alpha Delta Sigma (ADS), a national honor society sponsored by AAF, recognizes and encourages scholastic achievement in advertising studies. The collection includes chapter handbooks and scrapbooks, convention materials, photographs, financial records, correspondence, and membership information, 1942-1957.

Dates: 1942-1957

Department of Speech records

 Collection
Identifier: UA 191
Abstract

The study of rhetoric and performance has been a part of the curriculum of the University of Oregon since it opened its doors in 1877; the Department of Speech also used to offer classes in radio, film, theatre study, and also dramatic performance. The bulk of the collection (1948-1999) consists of records when the Department of Speech was heavily involved with theatre performance.

Dates: 1948-1999

Lundquist College of Business (LCB) records

 Collection
Identifier: UA 039
Abstract The University of Oregon began offering a business curriculum in 1884. Originally called the School of Commerce, it was renamed the School of Business Administration in 1920. In 1993, the department was renamed the Lundquist College of Business (LCB) in honor of alumnus and generous donor Charles H. Lundquist. The collection includes records from the Dean’s Office (1920-1952; 1958-1988) as well as records of the school’s work with local businesses, universities, and...
Dates: 1920-2007

Social Science Club records

 Collection — Box 1: [Barcode: 35025041653839]
Identifier: UA 097
Abstract

The Social Science Club held programs devoted to exploring topics relating to the social sciences. Records include office files, minutes, meeting notices and programs, correspondence, membership data, financial records, and speeches from 1930-1953.

Dates: 1930-1956

Society of the Sigma Xi. University of Oregon Chapter records

 Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: UA 147
Abstract

Sigma Xi was founded in 1886 (nationally) to honor excellence in scientific investigation and encourage a sense of companionship and cooperation among researchers in all fields of science and engineering. The Society of the Sigma Xi, University of Oregon Chapter, was founded in 1923 after a two year effort. Collection contains office files, correspondence, fraternity records, chapter book, and historical information.

Dates: 1914-1980