LOC/H. Social Sciences
Found in 15 Collections and/or Records:
Finis Caruthers was a Portland, Oregon Territory, land owner. The collection consists of a photostat copy of a deed transferring ownership of a Portland lot from Caruthers to Clinton Kelly.
The collection consists of a single probate court document deeding "lots numbered one and two" to James Athey.
Stephen Coffin (1808-1882) was a pioneer and early Oregon landowner. The collection consists of a deed issued by Coffin for "lots seven and eight" of "block number 5" of the Portland town site.
Lewis C. Cooper was an early resident of Portland. The collection consists of a deed transferring ownership of Cooper's Portland, Oregon Territory property to Thomas F. Scott.
Francis DeWitt was a pioneer who came to the Oregon Territory from Germany in 1847 on a sailing vessel. The collection consists of a deed, drawn up by DeWitt, transferring ownership of two lots in the city of Portland to Philander Buchanan.
Addison Crandall Gibbs (1825-1886) was the Civil War governor of Oregon, a Union supporter, a lawyer, and a businessman. The collection consists of a deed ceding Gibbs' claim to a piece of land on Elk Creek.
David Ingalls was an early resident of Astoria, Oregon Territory. The collection consists of a deed ceding Ingalls claim to his Astoria property to F. A. Smith.
John Kelly (b. 1818) was a 19th-century Oregon rancher, businessman, and politician. The Kelly-Seavey Family Papers comprise the political and business papers of John Kelly, papers of other Kelly family members, and a small segment of Seavey family papers, as well as several boxes of photographs.
John McClure was an Oregon pioneer and holder of a land claim that became Astoria, Oregon. The collection consists of a land sale agreement between McClure and business partners Herman C. Leonard and John Green.
The Oregon Folk League promoted and administered a social and recreation center located in Siuslaw Bay, Oregon for members of the University of Oregon community; members of the league also formed a non-profit corporation, the Siuslaw Bay Community Inc., which held title to the land used by the league. The collection (1934-1941) contains promotion and administrative documents, a land deed, correspondence, meeting minutes, plans and blueprints of the center, and a photograph.
Fabritus R. Smith (1819-1898) came to Oregon in 1846 with Joseph Waldo, where he lived and worked his land claim near Salem. The collection consists of the diaries of Smith and his son, Hamlin, as well as personal and legal papers.
Stearns and Chenoweth was a hardware store located in Oakland, Oregon, that dealt in hardware, stoves, tinware, guns, pistols and sewing machines. The collection (1855-1912) contains deeds and legal papers, account books, a map, and correspondence.
Elijah White (1806–1879) was a missionary and agent for the United States government in the Oregon Territory. The collection consists of a bond issued by White for the sale of two lots to John Shively.
William H. Willson (1805-1856) was a doctor and preacher in the Oregon Territory and is remembered as the "founder of Salem." The collection consists of a single, 1 paged warranty deed of various pieces of land in the Oregon Territory written by William H. Willson to A. Kitelinger in the presence of H. Holden and C. N. Terry.