LOC/H. Social Sciences
Found in 26 Collections and/or Records:
Lake Bechtell (1886 -1977) was a lawyer who became City Attorney of Prineville, then was elected to the City Council in 1921, to the office of Mayor in 1925, and served as District Attorney for Crook County, 1928 to 1953. The collection contains legal files regarding livestock companies, grazing and irrigation districts, mining claims, and railroads, 1918-1963.
Josiah Burnett of Eagle Creek, Oregon, worked in mining, survey work, and farming. The collection (1852-1874) contains correspondence regarding family, mining, and politics, and also contains articles of incorporation of Oregon businesses.
The Columbia Transportation company owned and operated the Columbia North Beach Ferry company. The collection (1921-1954) contains articles of incorporation, minutes of shareholders' meetings, account books and ledgers.
The Cornucopia Mines company of Oregon was incorporated July 30, 1927 by Robert W. Betts, Blaine Hallock, and James H. Nichols as a successor company to the Baker Mines company. The collection contains corporate records, financial ledgers, and correspondence, 1918-1941.
E. C. M. Rand was commissioned in 1893 to investigate and report of the affairs of the Willamette Valley and Coast railroad and the Oregon Pacific railroad.
Eugene Fruit Growers Association was a vegetable, fruit, and nut growing, picking, packing, and canning cooperative, founded in 1908. The collection (1911-1947) contains financial records, excerpts from managers reports, an annual report, a photograph album, and printed brochures.
The Guernsey-Newton Company was a Washington state insurance firm that was later absorbed by the Continental Casualty Company in 1929. The collection (1909-1921) contains minutes, articles of incorporation, by-laws, treasurer's reports, correspondence, motions, and amendments to the articles of incorporation.
The Italian American Bank, of Portland, Oregon, was incorporated December 22, 1906, by H. S. Myers, F. N. Myers, and M. S. Myers. The collection (1907-1911) contains a record book of Board of Directors and Stockholders meeting minutes, and articles of incorporation.
Kola Neis Company had the following officers: Kola Neis, Harry Schlosser, and O. O. McClellan. Records Include articles of incorporation and minutes of directors for Kola Neis Hop Company.
The Loyal Legion of Loggers and Lumbermen (Four L) was a "company union" created by Brice P. Disque, in 1917. The collection (1918-1937) contains corporate records including constitutions and by-laws, minutes, convention proceedings, correspondence, and publications.
The Nicolai Bros. Company of Portland, Oregon, was a sash and door manufacturing company. The collection (1870-1878) contains corporate records, correspondence, financial records, minutes, day books, and order books.
This collection contains 53 correspondence relating to the establishment of the Oregon Southern Improvement Co., 1883.
The Pacific Stationery and Print Company, of Portland, Oregon, provided stationery, printing services, record organizing services, book binding, lithographing, embossing, and office furniture. The collection (1902-1936) contains financial records, articles of incorporation, by-laws, minutes, correspondence, and a catalog.
Peg Leg Mining and Milling Co was a general mining and milling firm that owned, leased, developed, and operated claims in Oregon and Idaho. The collection (1904) contains incorporator's and stockholder's meeting minutes, by-laws, articles of incorporation, and correspondence.
Portland and Milwaukie Macadamized Road Company built a toll road connecting Portland with Milwaukie, Oregon. The collection (1862-1865) contains corporate records of the Portland and Milwaukie Macadamized Road Company.
The Lone Fir Cemetery is the oldest of Portland's original cemeteries and was established in 1846. Collection includes articles of incorporation, oaths of office, records concerning the Oregon Asylum, annual reports of the treasurer, stock certificates, vouchers, and miscellaneous items.
KOIN Radio Station of Portland, Oregon was incorporated by C. W. Myers, Harry W. Ely, and D. M. Smith in 1926 and was dissolved in 1952. The collection (1926-1952) contains articles of incorporation, stockholder's and Board of Director's meeting minutes, stock subscription information, and correspondence.
Sherwood Placer Mining Company, of Portland, Oregon was a general mining and milling firm that owned, operated, and rented ore and bullion mining and milling operations, and also water rights. The collection (1911) contains articles of incorporation, stock records, by-laws, and meeting minutes.
Simon Realty Company, of Portland, Oregon, was incorporated by George L. Buland, Andrew Koerner, and Herbert L. Swett. The collection (1927-1941) contains articles of incorporation, meeting minutes, and by-laws.
St. Johns Waterworks and Lighting Company was a Portland, Oregon public utility incorporated by J. L. Hartman, E. L. Thompson, and H. L. Powers; J. C. Scott was the majority stockholder. The collection (1903-1916) consists of a record book that contains director's and stockholder's meeting minutes, articles of incorporation, constitution, and bylaws.
The Sugar Pine Mill and Fixture Company, located in Albany, Oregon, was incorporated by George W. Hochstedler, Edmund Zeyss, and C. W. Sears. The collection (1894-1903) consists of a a record book containing incorporation records, meeting minutes, stock, and stockholders information.
United States Spruce Production Corporation was incorporated in Washington, on August 19, 1918, and set out to manufacture Spruce products, especially for war planes during WWI. The collection (1918-1946) contains three volumes of corporate records including articles of incorporation, meeting minutes, correspondence and telegrams, lumber company information, and financial records.
Washington Street Market Company was a grocery firm in Portland, Oregon incorporated by Samson Hirsch, Otto J. Kraemer, and M. I. Gustavson. The collection (1932-1933) contains articles of incorporation, correspondence, stockholder's and Board of Director's meeting minutes, and receipts.
Willamette Falls Canal company was one of the companies agitating for the right to to build a canal to ship goods over the Willamette Falls in Oregon. The collection contains articles of incorporation and a legal notice, dated August 25, 1865 on behalf of the Willamette Falls Canal company stating their right-of-way to build a canal