LOC/H. Social Sciences
Found in 16 Collections and/or Records:
Allen and Lewis company was a firm of wholesale grocers that was incorporated in 1897 by John C. Lewis, L. A. Lewis, and F. A. Spencer. The collection contains corporate records including meeting minutes and stock ledgers, as well as stock books and ledgers of subsidiary companies including Glafke-Dixon Co., Douglas Food Stores, Inc., and Consolidated Stores, Inc.
Cicero Hunt Lewis (1826-1897) (also known as Cicero Horatius Lewis) and Lucius H. Allen created the Allen and Lewis mercantile company in Portland, Oregon in 1851. The collection contains five ledgers of sales, cash, consignments and account records, 1851-1868.
The Brownsville Industrial Company was an odd-job and minor investment firm. Contains two ledgers documenting their investors, recording transactions and finances.
Cooley & Company was a general store in Brownsville, Oregon. The collection consists of account books, day books, journals, cash books and ledgers.
William F. Dielschneider and his brother Franz owned and ran the Dielschneider Jewelry store of McMinnville, Oregon, which also sold and repaired watches and clocks. The collection contains a cash book, watch sales and repair ledgers, a clock repair ledger, diamond record books, manufacturers' and jobbers' catalogues, and photographs.
The G. Heitkemper Company was a wholesale and retail jeweler in Portland, Oregon, incorporated by Gerhard Heitkemper, Frank A. Heitkemper, and Edward Cookingham in 1896. The records include thirteen ledgers that contain pre-corporation records as well as post-corporation minutes, correspondence, financial records and other communications from 1874-1924.
The Hallock and Day Company was a partnership between Portland, Oregon architect and contractor Absalom Barrett Hallock and architect Lou Day. The ledger is an account book of final entry, in which business transactions of the company were recorded.
The Harding Drug Store was an Oregon City business started in 1873 by George A. Harding. The collection consists of ledgers, cash books, and prescription books from the store.
The Hedden store was a general merchandise store that operated from 1852-1976 in Scottsburg, Oregon. The collection contains store and postal ledgers detailing accounts of purchases (both general and postal) and also provides information on customers.
J. E. Haseltine & Co. of Portland, Oregon specialized in heavy hardware and was one of the first companies to stock automotive equipment. Collection contains cash, sundry, and sales account ledgers, accounts receivable and payable ledgers, stock inventory book, country and city ledgers, and catalogues from 1868-1959.
Kaspar Kubli (1830) established Kubli General Store in 1872 and operated it until his death in 1897. The collection includes six volumes of account books dating 1858-1888.
Lewis Investment Company of Portland, Oregon was a real estate firm incorporated in 1909 by John C. Lewis, L. A. Lewis, and Robert W. Lewis. Collection contains corporate records including Board of Director's, stockholder’s, and Executive Committee minutes, cash books, journals, ledgers, balances and reports, and correspondence.
J. L. Parrish and Company was a stationery and bookstore located in Salem, Oregon. The collection (1865-1866) consists of an account book, a list of periodical subscribers in Salem, and minutes of the Regular Donkey Club.
H. Patterson and Company, of Hillsboro, Oregon, was a general merchandise store. The collection (1866-1877) consists of a business ledger that also contains information on orchard accounts.
The Pioneer Realty Company was founded in 1896 and based in Portland, Oregon. The collection contains corporate records including minute books, stock books, journals, and ledgers.
The Rough and Ready Quartz Mining Company Records includes one bound volume. The volume is the Treasurer's Book spanning, which spans three years, 1861-1864.