LOC/H. Social Sciences
Found in 7 Collections and/or Records:
Alpha Delta Sigma (ADS), a national honor society sponsored by AAF, recognizes and encourages scholastic achievement in advertising studies. The collection includes chapter handbooks and scrapbooks, convention materials, photographs, financial records, correspondence, and membership information, 1942-1957.
The study of rhetoric and performance has been a part of the curriculum of the University of Oregon since it opened its doors in 1877; the Department of Speech also used to offer classes in radio, film, theatre study, and also dramatic performance. The bulk of the collection (1948-1999) consists of records when the Department of Speech was heavily involved with theatre performance.
The current Eugene Shakespeare Club, an organization of women devoted to the study of Shakespeare's works, was founded in 1909 and continues in existence as of the date of this writing (1993). The collection contains correspondence, constitutions, histories and recollections, and minutes that include annual reports, clippings, programs, and membership information.
Charles T. McDaniel was, for many years, a cashier of the Stockgrowers & Farmers National Bank of Wallowa, Oregon. The collection contains bank correspondence, personal and family correspondence, a travel diary, memorial letters, and a photograph album.
The Social Science Club held programs devoted to exploring topics relating to the social sciences. Records include office files, minutes, meeting notices and programs, correspondence, membership data, financial records, and speeches from 1930-1953.
Sigma Xi was founded in 1886 (nationally) to honor excellence in scientific investigation and encourage a sense of companionship and cooperation among researchers in all fields of science and engineering. The Society of the Sigma Xi, University of Oregon Chapter, was founded in 1923 after a two year effort. Collection contains office files, correspondence, fraternity records, chapter book, and historical information.