Found in 8 Collections and/or Records:
James F. Amis was an attorney who served as the first justice of the peace in Eugene, OR. Records include letters, legal documents, checks, receipts, cash book, one bound domestic bible with family records, and other miscellaneous items
William Alexander Carter (1818-1881) was the sutler and post trader at Ft. Bridger, Wyoming, from 1858 to 1881, and his business was continued by his widow, Mary. The collection (1850-1912) contains invoices, receipts, contracts, checks, and minor personal correspondence.
William M. Case and Isaac W. Case, brothers came to Oregon in the 1840s. Isaac Case was a merchant and banker. He went to the Idaho mines in 1862 and later settled in Astoria, where he founded the Astoria Savings Bank. This collection includes family letters, financial materials, family business papers, and other miscellaneous family papers.
Originally from Maine, A. P. Dennison (1824-1896) held numerous minor political offices in the Oregon Territory, including Adjutant General. The papers consist of receipts, letters of appointment, reports, and a bound scrapbook.
Charles T. McDaniel was, for many years, a cashier of the Stockgrowers & Farmers National Bank of Wallowa, Oregon. The collection contains bank correspondence, personal and family correspondence, a travel diary, memorial letters, and a photograph album.
Phil Metschan, Sr. (1840-1920) was born in Hesse-Cassel, Germany and travelled to the United States and settled in Canyon City, Oregon where he ran a store, became Oregon state treasurer, and established a hotel in Portland, Oregon. The collection contains correspondence, diaries, financial and legal records, pioneer family files, photographs and memorabilia.
James Neall (1820-1903) was a pioneer, merchant, and entrepreneur from Philadelphia who established claims and businesses in Oregon and California. His wife, Hannah Lloyd Neall (1817-1912) was a cultural enthusiast and suffragist who wrote for numerous early California publications. The collection consists of reminiscences, correspondence, miscellaneous papers, bound volumes and a painted tin box.
Established in 1837, the Willamette Cattle Company was formed with the expressed purpose of purchasing cattle in California and bringing it to the Oregon Territory. The collection consists of letters and receipts.