Tugman, William M. (William Masten), 1893-1961
Found in 4 Collections and/or Records:
Office of the President: Donald Milton Erb records
Donald Milton Erb served as the President of University of Oregon from 1938 to 1943. The collection contains records from the Office of the President from 1933 to 1942.
The Register-Guard began as the Eugene Guard newspaper, based in Eugene, Oregon. The collection contains files from the editor's desk and includes subject files and correspondence concerning local, city, and state issues and politics, 1941-1946.
Register-Guard records on higher education consolidation
The bid to consolidate higher education in Oregon began with the the Zorn-MacPherson School Moving Bill of 1932. The collection (1932-1934) contains research files, and a scrapbook of the Register Guard Eugene newspaper regarding arguments and statistics surrounding the consolidation attempt.
William M. Tugman papers
William M. "Bill" Tugman (1893-1961) served as the managing editor, then editor, of the Register Guard newspaper from 1927-1954. The collection contains correspondence, subject files, manuscripts, speeches, biographical information, and also business records of the Port Umpqua Courier.
- Education, Higher -- Oregon -- Eugene 2
- Reports 2
- Universities and colleges -- Oregon -- Eugene 2
- Administrative records 1
- Business records 1
- Clippings 1
- College presidents -- Oregon -- Eugene 1
- Colleges and Universities 1
- Education, Higher -- Law and legislation -- Oregon 1
- Education, Higher -- Oregon -- Corvallis 1
- Education, Higher -- Oregon -- History -- 20th century 1
- Eugene (Or.) -- History 1
- Eugene (Or.) -- Newspapers 1
- Journalism 1
- Lane County (Or.) -- History -- Sources 1
- Masters theses 1
- Newspaper editors -- Oregon -- Eugene 1
- Newspaper publishing -- Oregon -- Reedsport 1
- Newspapers 1 + ∧ less