McLoughlin, John, 1784-1857
Found in 5 Collections and/or Records:
Don B. and Terry Diener Allen papers
Collection comprises the papers of American authors Don B. Allen and Terry Allen, including literary manuscripts and research materials for works of historical fiction and non-fiction about the West and about Native Americans, as well as collections of creative writing and poetry by young American Indians edited by Terry Allen.
Elwood Evans notebook
Elwood Evans (1828-1898) was a lawyer, politician, and historian of the Pacific Northwest. The collection consists of a single notebook intended primarily as source notes for Evans' historical work.
Maria Eloisa McLoughlin Rae Harvey's "Life of John Mcloughlin" manuscript
Maria Eloisa McLoughlin (1817-1884) was the second daughter of John McLoughlin. Collection includes one copy of "Life of John McLoughlin Governor of the Hudson's Bay Company Possessions on the Pacific Slope, at Fort Vancouver" manuscript.
William Holmes notice
William Holmes (1807-1879) was a pioneer and the first sheriff of Clackamas Country. The collection consists of a notice alerting concerned parties to the sale of the Oregon City properties of William Riley by Holmes to settle a debt to John McLoughlin.
Dorothy Morrison literary manuscripts
Dorothy Morrison was an educator and writer. The collection includes manuscripts for two pieces, The Eagle and the Fort and Ladies Were Not Expected.
- Pioneers 4
- Children and Youth 2
- Correspondence 2
- Literature 2
- Women 2
- Women authors, American -- 20th century 2
- Authors, American -- 20th century 1
- Businessmen -- Northwest, Pacific -- Biography 1
- Children's literature, American -- Authorship 1
- Clackamas County (Or.) -- History -- 19th century 1
- Debt -- Oregon Territory 1
- Feminists -- United States -- Biography -- Juvenile literature 1
- Fort Vancouver National Historic Site (Vancouver, Wash., and Oregon City, Or.) 1
- Frontier and pioneer life -- West (U.S.) -- Juvenile fiction 1
- Fur trade 1
- Historical fiction, American -- West (U.S.) -- Authorship 1
- Land titles -- Oregon Territory 1
- Legal notices 1
- Manuscripts (documents) 1
- Manuscripts for publication 1 + ∧ less