Martin, Charles H. (Charles Henry), 1863-1946
Found in 4 Collections and/or Records:
Maurice L. Johnson was a real estate dealer in Klamath Falls, Oregon, and worked on Oregon Democrat political campaigns and committees. The collection (1936-1939) contains correspondence and financial records of the Klamath County Democrat committee, and also the Klamath County Re-election Club for Governor Martin.
William Leslie Josslin (1905 - ) became a prominent figure in the legal and political activities in Oregon. The collection contains five scrapbooks covering political happenings in Oregon (1930s-1971) and include clippings, pamphlets, articles by Josslin, portraits of political leaders, personal and family photographs, and correspondence on topics of local and national political interest.
Galley proof of radio speech given by Governor Martin over Portland radio stations KALE and KEX, Dec. 6, 1937. The speech calls for a settlement to the dispute between two opposing labor groups by holding a special election on Dec. 9, 1937. Election would allow the employees of the Inman-Poulsen Lumber Mill in Portland to choose a bargaining agency, since the National Labor Relations Board could not resolve the issue.
John (or James) Knox Weatherford, Jr. (1901-1995) (who was known colloquially as Jim) served in the Oregon legislature as a representative from Linn County, 1930-1935 (Democrat), and as district attorney of Linn County, 1935-1937. The collection contains correspondence from constituents, correspondence while serving in the Oregon legislature and District Attorney, personal letters, and other political correspondence.
- Correspondence 3
- Oregon 3
- Oregon -- Politics and government -- 1859-1950 2
- Arbitration, Industrial -- Oregon 1
- Clippings 1
- Financial records 1
- Galley proofs 1
- Governors -- Oregon 1
- Klamath County (Or.) -- Politics and government -- 20th century 1
- Labor disputes -- Oregon 1
- Lawyers 1
- Lawyers -- Oregon -- Linn County 1
- Lawyers -- Oregon -- Portland 1
- Legislators -- Oregon -- Correspondence 1
- Oregon -- Politics and government 1
- Photographs 1
- Political campaigns -- Oregon -- Klamath County 1
- Politicians -- Oregon -- Correspondence 1
- Politics and Politicians 1
- Scrapbooks 1 + ∧ less