Mitchell, John H. (John Hipple), 1835-1905
Found in 6 Collections and/or Records:
Joseph Henry Brown letter to John H. Mitchell
Joseph Henry Brown (1867-1898) was an Oregon pioneer, newspaper printer and correspondent, Veteran, and a historian who wrote about politics and Native American culture and conflicts in Oregon. The collection (May 19, 1893) contains a letter from Brown to John H. Mitchell, a U.S. Senator from Oregon, about maps Brown wanted to use in his historical work about "Indian Wars" in Oregon.
Josiah A. Burnett papers
Josiah Burnett of Eagle Creek, Oregon, worked in mining, survey work, and farming. The collection (1852-1874) contains correspondence regarding family, mining, and politics, and also contains articles of incorporation of Oregon businesses.
John Kelly correspondence
An active participant in early Oregon government, John Kelly (1818- ) was an Irishman and a Republican. The collection consists of Kelly's correspondence, as well as some assorted bills and receipts.
John Hipple Mitchell legal document
The collection contains a legal document, dated December 20, 1869, by John Hipple Mitchell, of Portland, Oregon giving notice of his intention to redeem property purchased by Everding and Beebe at a sheriff's sale.
John Hipple Mitchell letter
John Hipple Mitchell (1835-1905) served in the Oregon State senate from 1862 to 1866 and also served in the U.S. Senate from 1885 to 1897 and 1901 to 1905. The collection contains a letter dated January 31, 1893 from Mitchell to Robert A. Miller, who was also an Oregon politician, regarding Miller's wish to be appointed minister to Turkey.
Mary Phelps Montgomery letter to Walter F. Burrell
John H. Mitchell (1835-1905) represented Oregon in the U.S. Senate, as a Republican, and he was also indicted in a land fraud scandal. The collection contains a letter dated January 18, 1905 from Mary Phelps Montgomery of Washington, D.C, to Walter F. Burrell of Portland, Oregon regarding Mitchell's indictment.
- Correspondence 5
- Oregon 4
- Oregon -- Politics and government -- 1859-1950 4
- Legislators -- Oregon 2
- Politicians -- Oregon 2
- Politicians -- Oregon -- Correspondence 2
- Articles of incorporation 1
- Business enterprises -- Oregon 1
- California -- Politics and government -- 1850-1950 1
- Eagle Creek (Or.) -- History -- 19th century 1
- Farmers -- Oregon 1
- Jackson County (Or.) -- Politics and government -- 19th century 1
- Legal documents 1
- Legislators -- United States 1
- Miners -- Oregon 1
- Mines and Mineral Resources 1
- Mines and mineral resources -- Oregon. 1
- Oregon -- Politics and government 1
- Oregon -- Social life and customs -- 19th century 1
- Pioneers -- Oregon 1 + ∧ less