Carson, Luella Clay, 1856-1938
Found in 3 Collections and/or Records:
Luella Clay Carson (1856-1938) was a professor at the University of Oregon and, later, university president at Mills College in Oakland, California. The collection consists of correspondence and documents related to both universities.
The current Eugene Shakespeare Club, an organization of women devoted to the study of Shakespeare's works, was founded in 1909 and continues in existence as of the date of this writing (1993). The collection contains correspondence, constitutions, histories and recollections, and minutes that include annual reports, clippings, programs, and membership information.
Before he became the President of United States, Woodrow Wilson was a professor and also President of Princeton University. The collection contains a letter dated April 11, 1894 from Wilson to Luella Clay Carson, who was the head of the Department of English at University of Oregon at that time.
- Clippings 1
- Clubs -- Oregon -- Eugene 1
- College teachers -- United States -- Correspondence 1
- Colleges and Universities 1
- Constitutions 1
- English teachers -- Oregon -- Correspondence 1
- Eugene (Or.) -- Intellectual life 1
- Eugene (Or.) -- Social life and customs 1
- Financial records 1
- Histories 1
- Oregon 1
- Presidents -- United States -- Correspondence 1
- Reports 1
- Rhetoric -- Study and teaching (Higher) -- Oregon -- Eugene 1
- Theater -- Oregon -- Eugene 1
- Universities and colleges -- Administration. 1
- Women -- Oregon -- Eugene -- Societies and clubs 1
- Women college teachers -- Oregon -- Correspondence 1 + ∧ less