Truman, Harry S., 1884-1972
Found in 6 Collections and/or Records:
Hugh Baillie (1890-1966) worked at United Press first as a reporter, then general news manager, and then became president during 1935-1955 , and was also a published author. The collection contains manuscripts, including versions of his autobiographical work, High Tensions, correspondence, memoranda, news stories, publicity, published work and periodicals.
Henry Castor (1909 - ) was an author who wrote non-fiction children's literature regarding war. The collection (1953-1971) includes book-length manuscripts, correspondence with publishers and the U.S. Army, and a photocopy of a letter from Harry S. Truman.
The C. Girard Davidson Papers document the career of attorney, politician, and businessman Crow Girard "Jebby" Davidson (1910-1996). The collection is organized into major series concerning government projects, legal cases, political activities, and business interests. The majority of material related to Davidson's service as Assistant Secretary of the Interior (1946-1950) is housed in the Truman Presidential Library in Independence, Missouri.
This collection (1864-1963) contains letters and autographs from famous literary and political persons including Upton Sinclair, Douglas MacArthur, George (G. C.) Marshall, John J. Pershing, and Booker T. Washington.
Samuel B. Pettengill was a U.S. Congressman from Indiana and worked on interstate commerce affairs. The collection is divided into biographical material, correspondence, manuscripts, speeches, subject files, articles, newspaper clippings, and miscellaneous.
- Correspondence 4
- Photographs 3
- Diaries 2
- Manuscripts for publication 2
- Advertising 1
- Advertising -- History -- 20th century 1
- Advertising -- United States -- History -- 20th century 1
- Arts and Humanities 1
- Authors and publishers -- Correspondence 1
- Authors, American -- 19th century -- Autographs 1
- Authors, American -- 19th century -- Correspondence 1
- Authors, American -- 20th century 1
- Authors, American -- 20th century -- Autographs 1
- Authors, American -- 20th century -- Correspondence 1
- Autobiographies 1
- Autobiography -- Authorship 1
- Autographs 1
- Autographs -- Collections 1
- Autographs -- United States -- Collections 1
- Business enterprises -- Alaska 1 + ∧ less