John Birch Society
Found in 6 Collections and/or Records:
Lee J. Adamson (1906-?) was a certified public accountant, conservative activist, speaker and writer. The collection includes correspondence, articles and essays, editorial letter, speeches and writings by others, subject files and mailing lists. There also includes free-standing volumes and a package with posters and a certificate award.
Consists of extensive correspondence (approx. 20,000 letters); writings and speeches by Anderson and others, primarily his weekly editorial column Straight Talk and other American Way Features publications; American Party files including campaign material.
James W. Clise (1900-1961) held executive positions in Asbestos Supply Companies and several vermiculite companies and was involved in libertarian political activities. The collection includes correspondence, subject files, personal and business files, speeches, articles, and published letters.
Merwin K. Hart (1881-1962) was a lawyer and political figure who founded the New York State Economic Council. The collection contains records from the National Economic Council.
Augereau Gray Heinsohn, Jr. (1896-1980), an east Tennessee industrialist, was considered to be a leading proponent of conservatism. The collection contains correspondence and literature relating to political conservatism between 1942 and 1974.
Frank Purinton (1895-1991) was an activist who sought to preserve the United States and Christianity from the "Communist-Zionist-Satanist" plot. He was active in the American Legion and the John Birch Society and published a patriotic Christian newsletter. The collection includes correspondence, manuscripts, and printed materials reflecting Purinton's views.
- Political Campaigns 4
- Conservatism 3
- Conservatism -- United States 3
- Conservative literature -- United States 3
- Anti-communist movements -- United States 2
- Political activists -- United States -- Correspondence 2
- Accountants -- Washington (State) 1
- Accounting 1
- Agriculture -- Scandinavia 1
- Agriculture -- Soviet Union 1
- Agriculture publishing 1
- Anti-communist movements 1
- Antisemitism -- United States 1
- Apartheid -- South Africa 1
- Bellingham (Wash.) -- Politics and government 1
- Businessmen -- Washington (State) -- Seattle 1
- Christian literature, American -- United States 1
- Christianity and antisemitism 1
- Christianity and politics 1
- Civic Activism 1 + ∧ less